Terms and Conditions of Service
This Service and License Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between you (may be referred to as “your”, “the client”, and “user” and Worldindata (may be referred to as “Parties” together), to set the terms and conditions of the Services of Worldindata as defined below (may be referred to as “Services” together) through the website of Worldindata at “www.worldindata.com” (“Website”). All use of the Website and the Services as well as the content and the information distributed through these are subject to the acceptance of this Agreement and our Privacy & Personal Data Policy. Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using any of the Services provided by Worldindata.
Worldindata is a platform to connect Data Providers and Data Products to their potential buyers, help build a business relationship between these, display information on the Data Providers and Data Products, and help potential buyers to navigate through possible solutions for their search for data.
Under any circumstances, Worldindata shall be deemed in a legal relationship between Worldindata and Website users or Worldindata and Data Providers. Likewise, any usage of Worldindata Services shall create legal relationships under any name between Data Providers and Website users. Even in case Website users and Data Providers mutually choose to build a business relationship through Worldindata, Worldindata shall not be responsible for any acts, demands, requests, claims or similar made by and between such Website users and Data Providers.
Worldindata aims to create a platform in order to get in touch with, get contacted by and receive detailed information from Data Providers to anyone who is interested. We curate Data Products (as defined below) and Data Providers at our sole discretion. In case of communication with Data Providers, both the contacting User and the Data Provider agree and accept to keep all information they exchange confidential and refrain from disclosing any confidential information to third parties.
The services Worldindata provides consist of the following and are subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. All services mentioned in this Article shall be collectively referred to as the “Services”.
- Data listings: Worldindata automatically or manually curates all API and database products (hereinafter may be collectively referred to as “Data Products”. For the avoidance of doubt, Data Product may refer to a solution wholly or partially, for example, a complete API or a line of data returned by this API) under their related categories and tags to help Worldindata users find the Data Products they are looking for more easily. The categories and tags for Data Products are curated and assigned at Worldindata’s sole discretion and may be changed from time to time by Worldindata. To avoid any misunderstanding, Worldindata has the right to change the titles of or eliminate altogether the categories and tags used to curate the Data Products on the Website or change the categories and tags each Data Product was assigned to. Worldindata does not offer any guarantees regarding the accuracy of the categories and tags Data Products are assigned to.
- Data Provider listings: Data Providers shall be collectively defined as any of the companies, businesses, individual or independent providers and data or Data Product owners, or similar that have their Data Products categorized, tagged, and curated on the Website. To help Worldindata users reach more detailed information on the Data Products, Worldindata automatically curates Data Providers on the Website. This feature allows exploring, searching, and visiting Data Provider websites, products, contact details, related Data Products, and more.
In accordance with our Privacy & Personal Data Policy, you agree that we may share your personal data with a Data Provider, and its employees in case you submit to Worldindata a contact request with the Data provider. However, Worldindata does not in any way guarantee that Data Provider will respond to such a request and/or provide the assistance or service you request. Worldindata shall not be held responsible for any miscommunication or negative behavior you may receive from Data Providers or their employees. Worldindata simply acts as a contact bridge between the users of the Worldindata Website and the Data Providers.
- Worldindata automatically categorizes, tags and curates Data Providers based on the publicly accessible information on the internet and Data Provider websites. Data Providers and users are welcome to submit a request to Worldindata regarding any miscategorizing of a Data Product or a Data Provider, and Worldindata promises to evaluate such requests and make necessary corrections on the Website if Worldindata sees fit. Likewise, Website users and Data Providers are encouraged to submit requests to Worldindata in case they spot any missing or incorrect information regarding a Data Product or a Data Provider on the Website in which case Worldindata promises to evaluate such requests and make necessary corrections on the Website if Worldindata sees fit. Worldindata does not offer any guarantees regarding the accuracy of the categories and tags Data Providers are assigned to.
- Worldindata may wholly or partially remove Data Provider listings or individual Data Products that do not comply with the quality standards of Worldindata at any given time. Since the Data Provider and Data Product data displayed on Worldindata is as displayed publicly on the internet and Data Provider and Data Product websites, Worldindata may unpurposely display illegal or non-complying content about a Data Provider or a Data Product, wrong information on the Data Product including but not limited to Data Provider name, slogan, contact information, Data Product names, synonyms, main purposes, geographical coverage, possible client sizes, industry/sector, historical data availability, data update frequency, intervals, available data filters, available downloadable and direct data formats, API type and structure, available SDK programming languages, endpoint and URL information, free or discounted trial availability, type of data (static or dynamic), API and database documentation details such as objects and their descriptions, example API and database output and samples, Data Product pricing, Data Product categories, tags, and any other information. Worldindata does not give any guarantees regarding the completeness and accuracy of the information mentioned in this article, however, promises to evaluate any properly submitted and proven request to correct such illegal, non-complying, or wrong content.
- User accounts: Worldindata allows users to create and register accounts to use the Services and access various features on the Website. Worldindata requires users to submit accurate, complete, and correct information to become registered users on the Website. Worldindata holds the right to terminate accounts with inaccurate, incomplete or incorrect information as well as anonymous accounts at its sole discretion.
Users shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their passwords created for their accounts. Users shall immediately notify Worldindata in case of any security breach or unauthorized access or use of their account. The users may update their account information and password anytime on their profile section. For any questions on the user registration or account updates, please contact Worldindata and our team will get back to you.
Users may request their account cancellation by contacting us. In a way that complies with our Privacy & Personal Data Policy, we may retain data of a user even after the related account has been deleted.
Worldindata holds the right to terminate user accounts immediately and without notice at its sole discretion for any reason, including but not limited to the breach of the Terms and Conditions by the user. Furthermore, Worldindata may block such users in breach to create other accounts with or without different information. In case of such re-registration, Worldindata may immediately terminate the new account without notice.
By using or accessing the Services, you acknowledge that you:
- Have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Agree to check the Website from time to time for any changes that may come to this Agreement or the Privacy & Personal Data Policy and,
- Have the authority to enter into this Agreement yourself or on behalf of persons or the legal entities that you are using or accessing the Services for.
All Services provided by Worldindata are free of charge. However, as a result of the exchanged information and requests between the User and the Data Provider, the Data Provider may require fees to access the data which in this case there shall be deemed a separate sales agreement or similar of which Worldindata is not a part of.
Not a License
Worldindata does not, in any way, grant anyone including the Website users, any third parties or Data Providers on the Website a license to receive, process, or display the data acquired by accessing or using the Services. Furthermore;
- Worldindata does not own or does not claim any intellectual property rights under any name on the Data Products as well as the samples or examples displayed on the Website for the Data Products. Data Providers associated with the Data Products are the sole owners of the Data Products to the extent that this information is publicly available for Worldindata to display, and all Data Providers shall have the right to provide service or contact with any potential buyers they engage through Worldindata.
- Data Products displayed on Worldindata may be subject to certain terms and conditions determined by their respective Data Providers. In order to benefit from the Data Products on Worldindata or make any claims regarding these under any name, we encourage you to contact the Data Provider and/or visit Data Provider websites to learn more about the conditions of use of the Data Products. Worldindata shall not be responsible for any misuse of the Data Products and shall not be held liable for any claims set forth by Data Providers, Website users, or any third parties.
- Likewise, you shall not store, distribute, or otherwise exploit the Data Products without the consent of the respective Data Provider. Furthermore, you shall not transfer or permit the transfer of the Data Product in a way that does not comply with the terms and conditions of the respective Data Provider.
- Data Providers shall assert any claims regarding the misuse of their Data Products directly to relevant persons associated with such misuse, even in cases such relevant persons have previously contacted Data Providers through Worldindata. Worldindata shall not be held responsible for any unlawful or wrongful actions of the Website users against Data Providers or third parties.
The Services allow the Website Users to post, share, link or hyperlink and otherwise make available certain information, graphics, text, or other similar material (“User Content”). You are responsible of the Content that you make available on the Website as a whole with its legality, reliability, correctness, and appropriateness.
You hereby warrant that you own the Content or you hold the right to use it and grant Worldindata the rights and license within the scope of this Agreement. You also warrant that posting the Content does not violate any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
All Content and information acquired through the Services which is not already publicly available shall be deemed and treated as confidential information.
Prohibited Use of the Services
You hereby agree not to:
- Misrepresent the source or ownership or post, publish or transfer false or misleading content or information
- Remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices; or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal notices, or other labels of the origin or source of the material,
- Decompile, decrypt, disassemble, read out, modify, reverse engineer, or copy our Service,
- Access, monitor, or copy any content or information of our Service using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission,
- Unless expressly stated in this Agreement, use, store or access the Services or permit others to use, market, distribute, access, store, or export the content provided through the Services after the termination of the Agreement for any reason.
- Use the Services in any manner that may violate the applicable law or third-party rights.
You hereby agree that any act of prohibited use including but not limited to the acts specified above may result in the immediate termination of your account.
Limitation of Liability
In no case and under no legal theory including but not limited to in the agreement, tort, negligence, or otherwise, Worldindata or any of its suppliers, affiliates, distributors, resellers, employees, directors, or representatives shall be responsible for any indirect damages under any name including but not limited to lost profits, lost sales or business, lost data, business interruption, loss of goodwill, or any incidental, special, exemplary, consequential or punitive loss or damages, or any other loss or damages incurred by you or third party in connection with the Services, even in cases Worldindata was informed of the probability of such damages in prior.
Worldindata provides its Services in Good Faith. Worldindata shall not be liable for failure or delay in performance to the extent caused by circumstances beyond Worldindata’ reasonable control. Worldindata does not represent or warrant that the Services will be provided in an interrupted, error-free manner nor that in case of errors, these will be corrected.
You agree to exempt Worldindata and all its employees from all claims of third parties asserted against Worldindata in regards to violating their rights, including but not limited to the costs of legal defense of Worldindata, with all legal fees and lawyers’ fees. In the event of a claim by third parties, you hereby accept and agree to promptly and truthfully provide Worldindata with all relevant information that is necessary for the review of such claims and for any defense against them.
Relationship of the Parties
This Agreement does not constitute a partnership, affiliation sponsorship or a similar relationship between the Website users or Data Providers, and Worldindata. Neither the Website users nor Data Providers shall make any statements that may suggest otherwise without Worldindata’s prior written approval.
Worldindata may use and share with third parties your company or product name for promotion, marketing or demonstration purposes by producing, sharing or distributing screenshots, videos, or other content from your API client.
If you provide feedback or suggestions about the Services on any online platforms or to Worldindata team directly, Worldindata may use these for the improvement of the Services without notice or obligations.
“Worldindata”, “www.worldindata.com”, the Worldindata logo, and other identifying marks of Worldindata are and shall remain the trademarks and trade names and exclusive property of Worldindata, and any unauthorized use of these marks shall be deemed unlawful.
Each Data Provider is the sole owner of their copyright, trademark, intellectual property and content of the Data Providers displayed on Worldindata. Worldindata does not aim to violate any intellectual property rights of Data Providers by creating a platform on the Website.
The Parties shall not be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; acts of God; pandemic; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused or foreseeable by the Parties; government restrictions (including the denial or cancelation of any export, import or other licenses); or other events outside the reasonable control of the Parties. The Parties will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event. If such an event continues for more than 30 days, both Parties may cancel upon written notice to the other Party. This Article does not excuse either party’s obligation to take reasonable steps to follow its normal disaster recovery procedures.
All notices to Worldindata shall be made via email to the addresses on our contact page.
The Website always has the latest version of the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy & Personal Data Policy. However, it may be necessary for Worldindata to make amendments to the Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect the changes in the Services or the applicable law. In case of a material change, Worldindata will provide a reasonable time before such material changes take effect. If you are a registered user, you will receive an email notification informing you of the material change. However, unregistered users are encouraged to regularly check our Website for any changes.
This Agreement and all future amendments to it shall be in English. In case of discrepancies between the English version and any other translated versions, the English version shall prevail.
In case Worldindata does not take immediate action towards any of its rights in this Agreement, this shall not be interpreted as the surrender of such rights. All rights of Worldindata are hereby reserved.
In case any of the articles or provisions of this Agreement becomes unenforceable or against the law, these shall be deemed inactive while the remaining articles and provisions shall stay in force.
In case of any disputes arising from this Agreement, the Parties shall show their best efforts to solve the matter amicably and out-of-court. In case this fails, disputes arising from this Agreement, Privacy & Personal Data Policy, the use of the Website, and the Services shall be governed by Bulgarian law which shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Should you have any questions, comments, or complaints about the matters in this Agreement, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us an email.